Seize the day!
I chose that name for my business ventures decades ago when I was offering productivity and business consulting to individuals and small businesses across North America.
Today, I still believe that wasting time is not acceptable. It is NOT acceptable for me or you to waste my time, but more importantly it is NOT acceptable for me to waste YOUR time.
So, let me get down to business by first asking you a few questions:
- Do you have a hobby or skill that you would love to teach others?
- Do you agree with C.S. Lewis when he wrote that “Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” If so, did life teach you the hard way? Would you love to help others that are now living through the same experience?
- Are you interested in publishing a course online, but are not sure where to start? Maybe, it is a course curriculum that you already teach in a class or as a volunteer and would like to expand your audience.
I think I can help.
What is this site about?
First, this site is about Digital Education, more specifically Educational Video Production. It’s about publishing online courses that are based on solid curriculum development, sound presentation/teaching skills and techniques, and developing a simple but compelling video production system and delivery services. It’s also about the ‘business’ of running a digital education web site, and offering online courses that will reach your target audience.
Second, this site is about saving YOU time.
- saving you time in researching options before you publish online. I spent thousands of dollars on software, services and equipment that is now sitting at the back of my studio -never to be used by me again. Either it was not good enough from the start, or was way above what was needed for the goals I had in mind. CS Lewis was right, experience is a brutal teacher.
- saving YOU time in comparing and presenting different ways of accomplishing your goals. Whether it is how to create curriculum content, record lessons, edit audio and video or publish your course online, we will review many techniques and ways to get the job done. I’ll also interview a few online professionals that will share their expertise with you. Many of these have taught me a lot about this ‘business’.
- saving you time in organizing the articles on this site in useful categories, so that you can find the information quickly.
- saving you time, finally, in not using trickery to try to sell you something. Deceitful practices like making you go through half a really good article and leading you to a sales pages to read or access the rest.
When I am promoting a product or service for sale, you will know right from the start. If you are watching a demo lesson for one of my courses, you will be able to watch the full lesson. If I recommend a third-party product or service, it will be only because I have used this provider in the past and that I trust them to serve you well. When using affiliate links that may give me back a few pennies for a sale, you’ll know.
At all time, you can trust that you have my sincere thanks for investing YOUR time on this site and I will always respect that.
Thank you, and I hope you will let me help you in publishing your passion online.
Bye for now,
Alain Gauthier, RPT*
Digital Education Professional